We include products that we believe will be useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here is our process.
here is the classic simple fish curry that can be made in less than half an hour. This is my all time favorite and for my Road to Mandalay restaurant. Now I cook it at a customer’s or my catering business Saffron 59. It can be used for nice big prawns….. also…
- Yield: 4 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 15
- 2 lb cod fillet or Chilean sea bass (halibut)
- 1 inch ginger chunks
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 med. tomatoes, small pieces
- 3 med. onions, minced 5 cloves garlic, minced 1 1/2 inch ginger, minced 2 tbsp sweet paprika 1 tsp hot paprika or 2 fresh chillies 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable or fish broth
- ½ cup cilantro leaves for garnish
Try Amazon Fresh
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.
- Si-byan with fish
- (reserve the leaves for decoration)
- 1. In a bowl, marinate the fish with salt, pepper and turmeric for five minutes.
- 2. In a skillet, heat the oil and toss the onion until lightly browned and add the ginger, garlic until fragrant. Add the paprika then immediately the fish and leave to sear then incorporate the tomatoes, the liquid broth and cook for five minutes. #
- 3 Lower the heat and add the fish sauce, cilantro stems and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with steamed jasmine rice.
- For 5/6 guests